I’ve run across a specialized spin of Fedora 8 specifically tailored to Micro-Nano Electronic Engineering. A brief description of the specialized live spin can be found on the Fedora Electronic Lab website.
“Fedora Electronic Lab” targets mainly the Micro-Nano Electronic Engineering field. It introduces:
- tools for Application-Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) Design Flow process to the Fedora Collection.
- extra open source standard cell libraries supporting a feature size of 0.13µm. (more than 300 MB)
- extracted spice decks which can be simulated with gnucap/ngspice or any spice simulators.
- interoperability between various packages in order to achieve different design flows.
- It is intended for electronic, VLSI students and hobbyists for educational purposes.